My scientific interests mainly involve computational logic and Business Process Management (BPM): specifically, my research activity focuses on theoretical and methodological aspects of mathematical logic and formal methods for verification of complex (business) processes with data.
- 2022 Best BPM Dissertation award: I was the winner of the 2022 Best BPM Dissertation award, given by the BPM Association at the 20th International Conference on Business Process Management (BPM 2022).
- 2022 Best Italian PhD Thesis in Theoretical Computer Science award: I was recipient of the 2022 Best Italian PhD Thesis in Theoretical Computer Science award, given by the Italian Chapter of the European Association for Theoretical Computer Science (EATCS), presented at ICTCS 2022.
- Best Paper Award at the 19th International Conference on Business Process Management (BPM 2021), for the paper titled ‘CoCoMoT: Conformance Checking of Multi-perspective Processes via SMT’, co-authored with Paolo Felli, Marco Montali, Andrey Rivkin and Sarah Winkler. (link to the paper).
- Best Paper Award at the 23nd International Conference on Principles and Practice of Multi-Agent Systems (PRIMA 2020), for the paper titled ‘A SMT-based Implementation for Safety Checking of Parameterized Multi-Agent Systems’, co-authored with Paolo Felli and Marco Montali. (link to the paper).
- 2019 Woody Bledsoe Award: I was one of the recipients of the 2019 Woody Bledsoe Award given at the 27th International Conference on Automated Deduction (CADE-27), which is a travel grant that supports students who obtained outstanding achievements in automated reasoning.
- Since 2022, I have been a member of the OVERLAY research group on Formal Methods for AI, which fosters collaboration among a diverse team of Formal Methods and AI researchers, aiming at pursuing multidisciplinary research at the border of the two fields.
- Since 2017, I have been a member of the KRDB Research Centre for Knowledge and Data at the Faculty of Computer Science of the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy.
- Invited Talk at iPRA 2022, a FLoC 2022 workshop, Haifa, Israel. August 2022.
Presentations of Accepted Papers at International Conferences and Workshops
- 10th International Conference on Topology, Algebra and Categories in Logic (TACL 2022), Coimbra, Portugal. June 2022.
- 3rd Workshop on Artificial Intelligence and Formal Verification, Logic, Automata, and Synthesis (OVERLAY 2021), Padova, Italy. September 2021.
- 24th International Conference on Foundations of Software Science and Computation Structures (FoSSaCS 2021), Online. March 2021.
- 10th International Joint Conference on Automated Reasoning (IJCAR 2020), Online. July 2020.
- 35th Italian Conference on Computational Logic (CILC 2020), Rende, Italy. October 2020.
- 27th International Conference on Automated Deduction (CADE 27), Natal, Brazil. August 2019.
- 2nd International ARCADE (Automated Reasoning: Challenges, Applications, Directions, Exemplary Achievements) Workshop, Natal, Brazil. August 2019.
- 34th Italian Conference on Computational Logic (CILC 2019), Trieste, Italy. June 2019.
- 33rd Italian Conference on Computational Logic (CILC 2018), Bolzano, Italy. September 2018.
- Member of the Program Committee of the 4th Workshop on Artificial Intelligence and fOrmal VERification, Logic, Automata, and sYnthesis OVERLAY (part of AIxIA 2022).
- Member of the Local Organization Committee of the 4th International Conference on Process Mining (ICPM 2022), October 23-28, 2022.