I am a Postdoctoral Researcher in Computer Science at the KRDB Research Centre for Knowledge and Data (Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy). From February to August 2020, I was also a Research Affiliate (Visiting Scholar) at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) of the University of California, San Diego (UCSD).
I hold a PhD in Computer Science, earned cum laude at the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, and a Master’s Degree in Mathematics, earned cum laude at Università degli Studi di Milano. My scientific interests involve computational logic and Business Process Management (BPM): specifically, my research activity focuses on theoretical and methodological aspects of mathematical logic and formal methods for verification of complex (business) processes with data.
Main Research Areas
Formal Verification, Automated Reasoning, BPM, Computational Logic, Model Checking, Artificial Intelligence, Mathematical Logic, Theoretical Computer Science
- Free University of Bozen-Bolzano
- Office: BZ P.201
- Tel.: +39 0471 016028
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Curriculum Vitae (07/11/2022): CV
- Organizer of the 1st FM-BPM, an international BPM 2023 workshop
- 16/12/2022: I am one of the organizers, together with Claudio Di Ciccio and Andrey Rivkin, of the First International Workshop on Formal Methods for Business Process Management (FM-BPM 2023), co-located with BPM 2023 in Utrecht.
- PC member of BPM 2023 in Utrecht
- 05/12/2022: I am a member of the Program Committee of the 21st International Conference on Business Process Management (BPM 2023) in Utrecht, Netherlands.
- 2022 Best BPM Dissertation award
- 14/09/2022: I was the winner of the 2022 Best BPM Dissertation award, given by the BPM Association at the 20th International Conference on Business Process Management (BPM 2022).
- 2022 Best Italian PhD Thesis in Theoretical Computer Science award
- 09/09/2022: I was recipient of the 2022 Best Italian PhD Thesis in Theoretical Computer Science award, given by the Italian Chapter of the European Association for Theoretical Computer Science (EATCS). The award was presented at ICTCS 2022.
- Invited Speaker at iPRA 2022, a FLoC 2022 workshop
- 11/08/2022: I was invited speaker at iPRA 2022 – the 4th Workshop on Interpolation: From Proofs to Applications, a FLoC 2022 workshop affiliated with IJCAR 2022, where I gave the talk with the title ‘Uniform Interpolants and Model Completions in Formal Verification of Infinite-State Systems‘
- Best Paper Awardat BPM 2021
- 09/09/2021: Our paper titled ‘CoCoMoT: Conformance Checking of Multi-perspective Processes via SMT’, co-authored with Paolo Felli, Marco Montali, Andrey Rivkin and Sarah Winkler, won the Best Paper Award at the 19th International Conference on Business Process Management (BPM 2021).